Local Buffalo Becomes Village Celebrity

14

VETERINARIANS in India had to retrieve a farmer’s thaali necklace from a buffalo’s stomach after it accidentally swallowed it, Malaysia Nanban reported.

A few days ago, Geetha Bai realised that her thaali was missing after feeding the animals. She suspected that a buffalo might have swallowed it.

With a metal detector, veterinarians found that the thaali had indeed ended up in the animal’s stomach.

The animal has become a minor celebrity in the village, with neighbours visiting the buffalo to see the star of the odd story.

> SJK (T) Ldg Pertang, which has a new classroom block, is unable to use it due to a delay in obtaining water supply connection, Makkal Osai reported.

Work on the new building at the school in Jelebu, Negri Sembilan, began in 2014 at a cost of RM8.5mil.

Jelebu MP Datuk Seri Jalaluddin Alias held a meeting with the district education office, Syarikat Air Negeri Sembilan, Tenaga Nasional Bhd, the school board, the Parent-Teacher Association and the building contractor to find a quick solution to the matter.

source