Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs Minister Datuk Seri Saifuddin Nasution Ismail today assured that the Petrol Subsidy Programme (PSP) banking leakage issue has been solved and his ministry has tightened the security of its system.
He said corrective measures had been taken within hours after the news broke out about a leak on Thursday.
“The problem occurred within a short period and it was quickly resolved.
“The system has been successfully protected and the data security of recipients was secured,” he told reporters after launching the Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs Ministry (KPDNHEP) family sports day here today.
Yesterday, Communications and Multimedia Minister Gobind Singh Deo said he had asked for a report from ministry and the relevant parties on the bank account number of 2.9 million PSP recipients which were exposed on the PSP official portal.
However, Saifuddin said the report was no longer needed as he had contacted and informed Gobind on the matter.
Prior to this, the ministry, in a statement, said it had upgraded the system and the data security of the website before reactivating it for public access.
Bantuan Sara Hidup (BSH) recipients from the B40 group who qualify for the PSP can check on their eligibility through the psp.kpdnhep.gov.my. portal starting Oct 15.
Saifuddin said more than 1.6 million hits were received in the three days since the portal was launched.
“Meanwhile, the portal recorded over 218,000 eligible and updated PSP applications as at Oct 17,” he said.
“The ministry’s focus now is to ensure that no one is left out, so we urge the people to check the ministry portal and update their information,” he said.